Looking for ways in which to help out? We are in need of the following volunteers:
Book Bin Emptiers:
We need three or four volunteers to empty the book donation bins on Tuesdays anytime, on Saturday OR Sunday, or to help another volunteer with this task on Thursdays. Work involves moving filled bins to the basement, removing donations and stacking them on tables to be sorted for processing. You may also request to be trained to scan the donations for value by our online vendors. Contact Jan Carr (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Linda Ballard (email@example.com) 475-8732 xt. 202 if interested.
Also, we are seeking a Book Sale Manager:
The Friends have an opening for a volunteer to manage their used book sales. Tasks include:
- Maintain all sale processes and procedures.
- Assure sales floor is set up correctly.
- Train/coordinate staff and make ad hoc decisions regarding pricing, logistics, etc. during sale or delegate responsibility.
- Recruit and schedule all required volunteers for the sale.
- Assure sales floor is cleaned up/reset after sale.
- Communicate PR/sale information to Communication Chair on Friends’ Board.
- Attend Used Book Sale Task Force meetings, approx. six per year.
Approximately 16-20 hours between sales is required to successfully manage this activity. If you are interested or would like more information, please contact Linda Ballard at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-475-8732 ext. 202.
Volunteer at Special Events:
Throught the year, the Libary will host several special events. This year, to name a few, the opening of the WWI Exhibit and the 10th anniversary celebration of the McKune Building. We always need volunteers for these special occassions.